Jobs in Kenya
Location : Nairobi, KE
Organization Name : Commercial
Welcome aboard Kenya Airways!
Kenya Airways is truly the Pride of Africa. Our global network now reaches 50 destinations, 41 of which are spread across the Africa continent. With a modern fleet of 29 aircrafts, including four Boeing 777 series, makes us one the youngest fleets in Africa.
Kenya Airways opens a world of opportunity across the continent, creating sustainable development by connecting its people and businesses within Africa and around the world.
At Kenya Airways we believe our greatest asset is our people. When you join Kenya Airways we provide you with training and all the systems and tools you require to perform. And best of all, we provide an environment that enables each and every one of our employees to achieve their full potential.
An exciting and fast paced one year Management Development Program aimed at developing each participant’s management and leadership skills enabling future leadership capability within Kenya Airways.
The participants will go through an intensive development experience which includes on boarding, rotational assignments, development training, and mentoring experience among others. On completion of the program, successful participants can expect to have developed their skills and knowledge and in turn possess relevant competencies for various challenging roles in the Company.
We are looking for people who are exceptional, dynamic, energetic, passionate, results driven with potential and personal drive to succeed at middle management and/or senior levels in Kenya Airways.
This program is suitable for individuals who can take up management and/or leadership positions within Kenya Airways. The roles fall in various functions which include airline operations management, customer service and commercial and on engineering.
The role holders will be responsible for overall efficient management of operational activities in specific areas ensuring effective and world class effective service delivery to customers (internal and external).
Areas of responsibility include:
- Team leadership - realise individual/team energy through effective team leadership – empowering and developing others to deliver.
- Customer service – drive a customer service excellence culture.
- Operations management – Efficient planning and management of resources to achieve cost effective service delivery.
- Change management - Lead and manage projects /change initiatives to deliver operational strategies and initiatives.
- Governance and Compliance - ensure all operational activities are compliant to laid down legislative, industry or company policy/requirements.
- Financial Management - – Efficient planning and management of financial resources to achieve cost effective service delivery.
- Safety - Ensure safe and secure working environment in compliance with legislative and industry requirements.
- Stakeholder relationship management - Pro-actively and effectively manage relationships with all stakeholders – internal and external to positively influence service delivery with them. These stakeholders include management, pilots, engineers, cabin crew, and ancillary bodies that impact Kenya Airways operations like KAA, KCAA.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree
- MBA or other Post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience in a supervisory, team leader or management role.
- Experience managing change/ projects is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills with good working knowledge of MS Office packages
- High integrity and reliability track record.
This is a leadership development program and the incumbent will possess the following qualities:-
- Strong Passion/Personal drive to succeed and progress into leadership positions.
- Results oriented –Has delivered exceptional performance over the past 3 years.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Effective negotiator.
- Strong customer focus.
- People management and development skills.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Consistent drive for delivery of results under pressure.
- Operations Management and Business Administration skills
Other Pertinent Information
Successful applicants can expect to be based either in Nairobi or in any of the stations in international destinations that Kenya Airways flies to.
Closing Date: 02-Feb-2011
Click Here to Apply