Jobs in Kenya
Youth Enterprise Development Fund
The Youth Enterprise Development Fund is Kenya’s leading youth economic empowerment agency. The Fund is now four years old and has supported thousands of youth with business loans, market support, entrepreneurship training and jobs placement abroad.
The Fund now seeks to fill the positions below which have arisen as a result of expansion.
Reporting to Senior Credit Officer, the Credit Officer will be assigned regional credit portfolio and will work hand in hand with regional coordinators, District Youth Officers and other credit officers at Head office to ensure individual and (or) youth groups who have benefited from the products of the Fund are performing as expected.
- Oversee mobilization of youth groups, loan appraisal and disbursements of loans to individual youths and groups.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of loans given to youth groups and prepare monthly status report for each Constituency;
- Carry out trainings to youth
- Update on monthly basis the repayments made by each group in assigned constituency from the bank statements of the collections accounts;
- Follow up on weak groups with the assistance of District Youth Officers and Constituencies
- Prepare payment schedules for each Constituency based on the field returns
- Responsible for system input and maintenance of Loans, credit analysis, security documentation and maintenance, preparation of letters of offer, reports and maintenance of data in IFMIS;
- Answer to any queries from local leaders and other stakeholders on issues relating to the Constituency based loan products
- Make field visits to areas and groups that may show poor performance and provide required advisory and remedial services as and when required.
- A first degree in a Business related field from a reputable university.
- Specialized training in credit or Micro Finance will be an added advantage
- A masters degree in a business discipline will be an added advantage
- Over 3 years experience in credit, preferably in a micro finance institutions.
- Ability to manage all aspects of lending cycle for the Fund`s lending products.
- Possession of good analytical and reporting skills
- Willingness to travel to remote rural areas, passion and eagerness to assist and help empower the most marginalized youth across the 210 constituencies in the country.
- Possess good interpersonal skills to interact with key stakeholders including senior government officials.
- Possess good leadership skills, with ability to manage others.
Public Relations Officer
Reporting to the Public Relations Manager, the Public Relations Officer will play a key role in the researching, planning, developing and implementing PR strategies of the Fund.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- collating and analyzing media coverage;
- writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- preparing publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, photographs, films, other promotional materials and multimedia programmes;
- organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website;
- arranging interviews with journalists, preparing and distributing news releases
- assist in preparing organizational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions
- monitoring public and media perception of the Fund
- A first Degree in journalism, mass communication, public relations or a bachelor’s degree in social sciences with post graduate diploma in journalism, mass communications or public relations
- A proven flair for writing
- At least three years post qualification experience, with practical experience in the print media.
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to analyze complex information from different sources and to synthesize this information into coherent briefs and communication documents
- The ability to influence others, to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with proven experience of relationship management with stakeholders
- In addition the person must demonstration initiative, a passion for working with the youth and a belief in them.
- He or she must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
The Senior, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Audit, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, set up and implement monitoring and evaluation systems of the Organization:
- Supervise M & E officers in the department
- Train staff in M & E related activities to ensure consistent and quality data collection
- Train and supervise data collectors for periodic evaluations
- Organize and analyze data received and make recommendations based on outcomes and use outcomes in the development of better practices within the organization
- Write professional M & E reports and contribute to the drafting of the quarterly reports.
- Carry out ongoing monitoring and periodic evaluations
- Budget for M & E activities.
- A masters degree in social sciences
- At least 3 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of national micro finance related or other development projects with national scale in Kenya
- Experience working with statistical computer packages
- Sound knowledge of statistics
- Familiarity with Youth Enterprise Development Fund programs is an added advantage
- A good communicator with proven leadership qualities.
Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting to the Audit, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor will ensure that:
- The organization’s system and processes are efficient
- All the company regulations are adhered to on a continuous basis
- All the organization’s network of risk management and control is well coordinated
- Governance processes as designed and represented are adequate and functioning in the desired manner.
- Bachelors Degree in commerce or any other business related degree (preferably accounting)
- Full Professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACCA/CPA(K)
- Membership to professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Minimum 4 years experience in implementing audit plans and programs with at least 2 years in a senior role.
- Experience in conducting and supervising both financial and management audits and the ability to audit a computerized operational, financial and accounting system will be required.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office applications and preferably computer audited techniques
- Honesty and integrity.
Those fulfilling the requirements for the above positions should submit their applications together with a detailed C.V and all relevant testimonials to the address below; stating current position, current remuneration, expected salary, email address and telephone contacts.
Applicants are also expected to provide postal, telephone and email contacts of three references latest by 10th of December 2010. The relevant reference number must be indicated on the envelope. Any application coming later than this date will not be considered.
The Chief Executive Officer
Youth Enterprise Development Fund Board
P.O.Box 48610 – 00100